Monday, August 15, 2011

Creative Rules (Rules 1-6)

Inspired by my post on Friday about 33 ways to stay creative posted originally by FlutterHappy. I wanted to explore the rules I follow...

1. Make list... I guess I make grocery list, packing list, mental to do list, and reading list (not very creative).



2. Carry a notebook everywhere... Yes I carry 2 one where I write my story and the other one that I write thoughts for my story or this blog. I have carried notebooks with me for a long time because you never know where inspiration will hit.



3. Try Free Writing... sometimes. I don't know if I am very good at it though but when I find a quote I really like sometimes I write about how I feel about the quote or what the quote means to me.



4. Get away from the computer... I wish I could more often but my work requires me to be on the computer all day and this blog also makes me stay on the computer. But for my story time I am away from my computer.



5. Be otherworldly... I am not sure what this meant entirely so I looked it up make sure I understood it clearly. Dictionary.com says...
oth·er·world·ly   –adjective
of, pertaining to, or devoted to another world, as the world of imagination or the world to come.



Yes, sometimes I feel I live too much in the world of my imagination.



6. Quit beating yourself up... I am trying to do that. My dad calls me a "people pleaser"... and I know that's true so I take people's words (criticism more than anything very personally) so I have to give that up if I want to be a writer because not every one is going to like my work and I can't beat myself up over it.




More rules to come.


No comments: