Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hello

Hello all,
I am using this summer to read a lot of inspiring novels and maybe write a story of my own. Its just my first draft but I would love to get my stories out there. Especially since a lot of my close friends live out of town I would like them to read my stories.
Also I would love construction on my writing but I know it is only a first draft so I am not expecting things to be perfect.
I will keep you updated on my story set in the early 1900's in Western Massachusetts. So far its about a family left peniless when their father dies so they are left to live off the good graces of their Grandma Danford.
I have sort of made an outline for my story but I really like to let the characters take me a long with them.
I know my stories might be silly but one of my favorite authors Jennifer Donnelly "Because I love words and stories so much... Because I would be greif stricken every day of my life if I couldn't write."
And I know if I don't write I feel I will burst because being a writer is the only thing I have wanted to be since I was young.
So here is my chance of writing.
Love you guys,
Blaire

1 comment:

mjj1 said...

Hi, Blaire:
Reading you Blog, I can see you stading on that platform in your job, watching people coming and leaving. That train theme is good. Predictability of the tracks, time-table (at the turn of the last century), conductor and whistle running the show rather than computer, satelites, and recorded voice shutting the doors of the subway...
There is a lot of honesty, pride and tradition around the railway.

I like that thought of waiting for the next train. Choices. You are not ready, so you stay on the platform. How long is too long? It is a bit of your waiting to start with your novel. Just start!

For a youth magazine you'd like to get to a faster mode than the turn of the century: I got stuck at the platform of an Amtrak train last Saturday at Penn Station, NY and I can tell you, there was no subtlety to this stampede when the train arrived! If there was a lady in vail, she was pretty wrinckled before she ended up in the carriage with no time to think about her love dilemas.

...and yet, I am sure she was there. Every railway station has a few of them.
I remember reading from my highshool: Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. That is a bit like your writing. That theme of the train is there, too as a final tiebreaker...

Here is your novel: Two lines: One is your imaginary line, the other one is the real "come and go" variety of people on the other side of your platform intetwined with your waiting for your right train.


--
milosjj