Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry

Hey guys,
I am sorry I haven't written in a bit. I started this blog to share my writing and I started it with full force but I must admit that I have hit that all unbearable problem of writers block. I would like to say I have been reading a lot, 7 novels, this summer. But I have also been working a lot and spending my free time with friends. I ashamed to admit it that I have not kept my writing a priority in my life. Life has gotten in the way. But as this is a "journey through writing" it is only right to explore the process of writing which should always include lots of reading and sadly includes lots of walls in the brain and right now I am looking for the door. (sorry to be too cliche).

I think the problem is I have set the bar for my own brain too high. This summer I have accomplished a goal of reading all Jane Austen's six novels and I have read all to date books of my new favorite author Jennifer Donnelly. These authors are very different but one day I hope to write like them. They both help me to escape, they both hold me captive till the last page, and they both shoe happy endings. Happy endings are very important to me like Broadway musicals happy endings give me hope in the world that things will work out, that people are good at heart, and there is always a reason for pain and heart ache. (Call me a sentimentalist.) Any way having read these great works make me want to write like them and sometimes its hard knowing I can not. That might be the reason I am stuck I have set the bar too high.

I wish I could write honest emotion like Austen or twisting stories like Donnelly. I wish I could spend hours writing a way with perfect composition.

I have always love to write ever since I was a little girl. I have a memory of having a pink little journal with a precious moments girl on the cover and going to my best friend brother's soft ball game and spending the whole time writing. I also remember letting my younger sister read my story and her spend the whole time correcting my grammar and since then I have not let many people read my stories. So though I have always loved to write not many people know about it because I have never felt confident in myself to share that side. But it is the one side I can explore, escape and be myself by being other people. (odd as that sounds).

So once again, I am sorry for not writing more. My story might change but please be patient with me and let me take you on my journey through writing.

Thanks,
Blaire

2 comments:

Kairos Rae said...

just write when you feel ready...there is no rush...but the trick is to write in the meantime as well...even if it's only in your head <3

Blaire said...

Thanks emily... I started doing free writes. Opening a dictionary finding a word and then writing every thing you think of is fun.