Monday, March 23, 2015

Timid or Playing it Safe pt.2

{pic}
Hello Lovely Readers,

It has been over 3 years since I wrote the "Timid or Playing it Safe?" And that was about relationships. But I still question am I being timid?

Last year I thought about going on Missions and one of the countries that was a possibility was Tunisia. But things came up 1) I didn't graduate in May and so I couldn't leave move over seas in September and 2) I got lost my passion for it and I reconsidered going. In a way I forgot about it and completed my thesis and have now graduated school.

With the recent violence in Tunisia my heart has been re-awaken to this country. On the one hand I am happy not to be there because I know my mom and family would be anxious for me. However on the other hand I would want to be there to experience it and be able God's love there in this time of turmoil.

Lately I have come to realized that sometimes I play it too safe. I honestly feel trapped between what I want to do and the the things I have to do. Some one asked me "what would you do if you broke out of your comfort zone?" I thought, I like to travel, I like to write, and help people. How can I can take these passions and actually make a difference?

I don't have an answer to that question. But that is my life right now and I will continue to pray about it. One thing I know for sure is I have to trust God more to work through my timidity.

Thanks for reading this short post as I continue to work things out.
Please answer in the comments below "what would you do if you broke out of your comfort zone?"

1 comment:

Lisa said...

"He also serves who only sits and waits" ... a favorite line of mine about not rushing into things, letting yourself be serene enough--hard to do!-- with serenity and calmness to truly 'hear' isn't so easy -- to wait and hear God speaking to you. You're timidity is understandable, esp. where Tunisia is concerned, along with many other areas of world right now. Don't have any answers for you, but I think completing your degree is something worthwhile as you listen with your heart and mind as to what's next for you.