Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Muppets, the movie


I have been busy finishing things for the end of the semester but I wanted to write a post about the movie The Muppets. If you are in the middle of finals or just having a bad day take time to go see this movie. Now I am not a life long muppets fan, though I do enjoy the Muppet's Christmas Carol, but I have heard great things about this movie. It was just the cheesiness I needed to help my brain out during the final crunch of this semester.


I personally think it is worth seeing just for the cameos people from Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Krasinski, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jack Black (just to name a few). But it is also great for some laughs... the saddest thing about this movie is that Neil Patrick Harris doesn't sing. The best part was seeing Jim Parsons, Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, who actually did sing.  And of course Kermit does his classic song "The Rainbow Connection."
The basic plot line is this: Jason Segel and his muppet brother Walter are trying to save the Muppet Studios from being turn down by the evil Chris Cooper, who FYI does a rap. So they get toghether the gang of muppets to put on a telathon to raise money to save the studios. I will not give a spoiler alert so you will just have to see the movie to see how it ends.

There is music, dancing, corny lines and great fun to enjoy by both adults and kids. I really want to see the bloopers of how many times they cracked up laughing. There moments when they are poking fun at themselves like when Amy Adams says "this will be a short movie" or when they say they will go see the muppets in a montage scene. Over all it was just the basic cheesiness I needed to help my brain. So go see it!

No comments: