Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Resolution

Hello lovely readers,

In my post of My not so New Year Resolution I wrote how this year I wanted to live in the moment. When I told my friend what I wanted to do this year. She liked it because it was big and ideal.

It is big and ideal... so let me think of simpler ways to put it into practice.

Goal #1...Remember the people in my life are a blessing and not to be forgotten. I have a few friends that are no longer in life (mostly due to moving) and if I want them to be in my life I must be active. Even it is as small as texting them.
I wouldn't send a text like this but I thought it was funny.
Goal #2.... Don't watch so much TV. I don't think I watch that much TV just to watch TV. I use it for its noise. When my apartment is quiet I realize more often than not I turn on the TV just to have noise so I don't feel a lone.  But maybe I could listen to music or if I feel lonely I could reach out to some one. Or maybe I could go to a coffee shop or the library. (Still thinking this one out).

Goal #3....Make room for the present. Yesterday and today I woke up looking at my room and I was inspired to get rid of things, or at least hide them away, to make room for things that are happening right now.
Sorry not good photo quality taken from phone
For example I have this little bulletin board that has gotten so full I can't even see the flower background. So I had to un-clutter it so I could put things on it that are important to me now... not in the past. I want to keep moving things around so I can make room for my present. 

Goal #4... Spend more time with God. A few nights ago during my quiet time I told God I was sorry for not spending more time with him that week, then I wrote (I journal all my prayers) "the reason I tell myself I don't need to pray is because nothing has changed." I realize that is not looking at prayer right. Prayer is not a report or a check-in. So I need help reconstructing my idea of prayer.

If I think of more I will keep you posted. 

No comments: