Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wait is it summer again?

I did want to post this yesterday but was having some computer difficulties.

This weekend Boston was hit with a beautiful warm front we had cool mornings evenings but the afternoons were sunny and got up into the 80s.On Saturday my friend said it was even warm standing in the shade.

My weekend started off kind of low key with a night in on Friday night... I actually enjoy this because I rest up a bit.

Sweet Potato Pancakes

Then on Saturday two of my friends I went to go get brunch at this great restaurant "Trident Bookstore". One of my friends I had brunch with was only here in Boston for a week before he goes off and sees more of the world. So it was great getting brunch with him and catching up and hearing his plans as he prepares to be a missionary. I can't say where he is going as people there are not friendly to people who want to spread the word of Jesus. My other friend and I go to bible study together, but sadly don't hang out much outside of that, so it was nice hanging out with her too. Then after eating sweet Potato Pancakes,that I said if heaven had a taste it would would taste like these, we went walking around the Fens. (Here in Boston we shorten the name so to not get confused with Fenway Park, where the Red Sox Play). 

We had fun pondering the meaning of this baby head outside the MFA, Boston


Sadly we couldn't spend the whole day playing around. I had to get back home and do some homework (ah grad-school). But homework turned into a nap for a bit then homework. I love random naps. Then I went out with another friend to see the movie 50/50. A movie I really wanted to see and when I told people that I was going to go see it... they asked me what is that about? I told them a 20 something who gets diagnosed with cancer. But that's really all I knew. The commercials made it seem like a comedy... which it is in ways. I mean it is really funny watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt acting high after eating macaroons with weed in them but I wonder how much they made light hearted for the movie. I mean it is based off a true story and the guy Adam (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) actually wrote the movie so he lives. I do love that it brings to light the fact that 20 somethings can get cancer it is not just old people or babies. But it also hit home a bit because I have a friend that has been fighting cancer this last year and sadly I don't ever know what to say to him. "You'll be fine" (sounds horrible and I can't predict the future). It is just a good reminder that no matter how bad you think things are they can be worse.
Sunday was also nice but more low key and sadly getting through more homework.But I did treat myself to another episode from Downtown Abbey, 2nd Season (link in post below). I also did not have yesterday off so I didn't get to enjoy another gorgeous day. This morning when I left my apartment it felt like the crispness of fall was back but I am still holding out by wearing flip flops.

1 comment:

TheBookGirl said...

Sounds like you had a pretty perfect weekend -- good food, time with friends, and time to just relax :)