Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Thought for Thursday


This post was inspired by a conversation I had with my roommate last night.

If you have been reading my blog you might have seen a real emotional change from my post A Page From my Diary to now A Sap at Heart and you might be thinking 2 things (if you are thinking something else let me know). 1) What happened to make her change? or 2) She is not being real in her writing?

Well after writing my post "A Page from my Diary" I got some people concerned so at first I thought maybe I should delete that. Then I thought no.... this blog is titled "A Journey through Writing" and that is a part of my journey. So to delete would be false. While I still feel like some of my dreams are on the other side of the country from me, I have decided instead of sulking and moaning about it to enjoy the journey.

On the one hand I think it would be nice if God gave us straight roads and flat lands.
But I then again I have driven through parts of the country that are flat and there is usually not a whole a lot to see.
Even though I am not an outdoorsy kind of person.... I think mountains are way cooler.
And the roads to get up those mountains are loopy and sometimes you may not be able to see where you are going. But isn't what makes life fun... the unknown?

So maybe I can't get on a plane and fly to California to meet my dream (read "A Page from my Diary" for this to make sense), maybe I can't even drive there, maybe I have to walk there but I know one day I will get to the end even if that end is not what I imagine it to. I might just have to walk through a few valley's and mountains to get there.

So yes I am being real with you when I write about my obsession with sappiness, I have just decided to enjoy the journey that life is taking me on.

You can find these pictures on Pinterest
Right now I feel I am walking through a fog of not knowing really where I am going but I see lots of open roads ahead of me and soon the sun will come through and show me where I am suppose to be.

Hope you come a long the journey with me. 

1 comment:

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

Hi! I am a little behind on getting back to you since you visited and left a sweet comment on my blog! But better late than never right? And I love your blog! We have so much in common - and girl, let me tell you, being a single Christian girl and waiting waiting waiting is NO walk in the park! (Especially for us hopeless romantics!) Some days are easier than others, but it is challenging for sure! I am learning a LOT about trusting the Lord and His plans for my future, and it sounds like you are too. :) God be with you on your journey! Sorry for the LONG comment. Hope to "see" you around!