Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fictional Obsession and Confession

{pic}
Dear Readers,

I will admit I get emotionally attached to fictional characters. If you can relate please let me know if  because sometimes I feel alone in my obsessions. For example I get overly happy every time I watch Emma and the scene where Mr. Knightley proposes to Emma and she says "Now I need not call you Mr. Knightley, I can call you my Mr. Knightley." Oh it just tugs at my heart strings. And I lost it when Matthew proposed to Mary on Downton Abbey.
{pic}
{pic}
While yes I do like happy endings and I am totally a hopeful romantic. I look to these books/movies/shows as a way of escapism. I like the idea of getting lost in fancy gowns, balls, and I guess my idealistic view of chivalry. I think that is why I got into history, I wanted to escape into the past and live in the times and places I could only live in my imagination. 
{pic}
But it is not just historical stories I mean when Peeta confessed his love for Katniss I hugged the book to my chest because I was so happy. And today when I watched the newest episode of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries I cried... Maybe I am just super emotional. 
I guess I just love getting lost in stories. I hope to one day be an author that writes stories that people will get lost in and will fall hopelessly in love with my characters. I mean I get lost in my own stories but sometimes I think they exist better in my head. (Is this common for writers?)
Any way I just wanted to share my obsession. Hope you, my lovely readers, will understand my posts when all I want to do is escape the realities of grad-school.   
Just a pretty picture of escapism
{pic}

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

I hope you don't mind my saying but you are adorable! I just found your blog two minutes ago and fell into this post. Yes, I am deeply, madly in love with Toby Stevens as Mr. Rochester.It makes me crazy every time I watch Jane Eyre (yearly) or read the novel (yearly). I see only his face and it makes me ache. Please forgive the over share, but I am a 43 year-old mother of three and quite content in my marriage. I feel so silly about this sometimes. Good luck with your writing and I can't wait to read what you have in store for the world! Oh and I'm an Eleanor who got Edward Ferrars on my Jane Austen soulmate quiz :-)