Monday, March 5, 2012

Bits of Splendor

I had a wonderful relaxing weekend, which is a nice way to start off Spring Break but my Bits of Splendor come from moments with some kids. I work in the church nursery so having little tender moments with kids is not unusual but this week these two moments caught me off guard as I was not in the nursery for either one of them.
{Pic}
The first one happened on Saturday. I was at a leadership meeting for my church and after catching up with some people I ran to the bathroom, when I cam out I realized I was one of the last ones there. I came down the stairs to leave and little boy "M", who is six years old, and I have taught in Sunday school and baby sat for was at the bottom of the stairs. He had his jacket on with the hood hanging over his head like a cape. I said "goodbye M." He looked up at me and said "goodbye Miss Blaire" and when I got to the bottom of the stairs he said "you are always willing to help, thank you," and gave my leg a little hug. I said "of course I love to help" and I think I patted his head. It was a very sweet moment. "M" and I have an up and down history, as his Sunday school teacher some times I have stop him from running and being a typical six year old boy and I am sure he doesn't like it at all. But when I am his baby sitter he gets very cuddly and likes to sit on my lap. So I was very touched that he hugged me and recognized my willingness to help. 

There is this little girl "E" who every time I see her for a the first few minutes looks at me as if I am a stranger but then after a bit she is very chatty. I have grown accustom to this so on Sunday when I said hello to her I was happily surprised she waived at me. Then later after church I ran into her and her dad and she just started talking away about her purple dress and how she got to wear a pink one Saturday and she really wanted me to see it. Her dad wanted to get her brother from the nursery but "E" didn't want to go so her dad asked if she would like to stay with me, she said yes. Then to talk to her better I knelt down on my knees so I could be eye to eye with her. But then she too knelt down. It was very cute. 
bits of splendor monday
Sorry I do not have any pictures of "M" and "E" they are really cute kids.

No comments: