Saturday, June 22, 2013

Heroine in the rain

{pic}
Every heroine deserves a great moment in the rain. This is a truth from both period dramas (rather they happen in the book or not) and modern TV and movies. There just seems to be something about the rain that makes a scene more romantic. I am happy I let my heroine, Rose, have her moment... 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Folly
{pic}
         At that moment we heard the overcast sky give a little grumble and the pale gray sky was now presenting us with a summer shower. Kelby without thinking took my hand and lead me to the Temple of Diana. It wasn't really a temple just a folly. It had been popular in the eighteenth century for grand estates to build these little arch ways and call them temples. Now they mainly served as places to hide during the rain. But it was the closest structure to the backwoods and a good place to wait out this summer storm. Even though it was the closest structure we were still soaked causing a shiver over my body. Kelby must have seen me shiver as he pulled me close into his arms and held me there. I think outside of Marcus, who used to hug me when I had bad dreams, Kelby was the first man to hold me.

            "Come let's get me home," he said once the rain had stooped.
            "Oh Kelby I do not want to go home. I cannot face her."
            "Miss Rose, one must never be afraid to face your fears." With that he took his thumb  and brushed the hair that had fallen in front of my face. "But perhaps you need some tea to strengthen you up." And he gave me a little smile.

            I was only eleven so I could not explain how I really felt then but I mark this down as the beginning of my love for Kelby Gray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some great rain moments...
Colonel Brandon and Marianne
{pic}
My new favorite..
{pic}
{pic}

And probably the most famous...
{pic}

And in modern days...
Jim and Pam
{pic}
Sweet Home Alabama
{pic}
Saw this on pinterest and just thought it was funny...
{pic}
Needless to say when the time does come, I hope I get a romantic moment in the rain. 

No comments: