Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What do you like to do?

Yes I am still here, just haven't really had the energy to have creative writing time (grad-school) but I did want to post something.
When I am not in school or work I have tried really hard this semester to hang out with friends. So a couple of Thursdays ago I went over to my friend's house as she was having a house warming party. And I struck up conversation with one of her new roommates. We went through the typical first questions, like what do you do? and then he asked me what do you do when your not in grad-school? I couldn't think. I feel like my life revolves around grad school. So I said something stupid I said "I watch movies." I think I said because watching movies takes like no mental energy and I use it as a total escapism from everything. For some reason that stupid answer has been playing over and over in my mind... I really over think things.

So to answer it correctly, and more interestingly I am writing this post. So what do I do when I am not in school and I am not working (excluding homework)



1. Hang out with my friends, I love all my friendships and they have blessed me so much. And yes we do watch movies.
I loved that show


2. I am also trying to read "North and South", people think I am crazy to do any fun reading but I feel I have to or I will collapse. Plus I have seen the mini series so I know what going to happen.

3. I also volunteer with my church helping coordinate the services and I help in the nursery. I love working with the babies. Holding babies actually makes me very calm and I love seeing them as they grow up into toddlers experiencing the world and full of questions and imagination.

4. I still try to write, rather it be this blog or still working on my story but sometimes my mental energy is gone and I can't think of good things to say.

5. And I love taking naps, I don't think as a kid I understood the beauty of naps but now I love them and look forward to naps.


So I guess this is what I do when I am not at school or thinking about school, or at work or doing homework. Okay I feel better not having a stupid answer out there in the universe.

I have learned one thing this semester know what you love and cling to it because it's what we love that keeps us sane.

No comments: