Monday, April 9, 2012

A hopeful traveler

{Pic}
This semester I have an internship where I have been cataloging letters written to the Academy. Most of them are from people in Boston, or other places in the U.S. but some are from France,Italy, Vienna, or even Russia. When I get these letters I go on Google to find out where these places are. I must admit I get sucked into my Google Image search as I explore the world beyond my little desk and imagine what these places must be like.

I can't complain too much. I have had my fair share of traveling for being only 25 years old. After my freshman year of college my mom, step-dad and I went on a Mediterranean cruise where I got to see southern France, Florence, Rome, Athens, Mykonos (a little island in Greece), Istanbul, and Ephesus. Then during my Junior year of college my mom and I went to London and Bath on my Spring Break and we frequently talk about our next trip over to Europe. We have decided it will be Paris and Versailles. And I will be travelling down to Honduras with Living Water International this August.
In Ephesus
At the Trevi Fountain 
In the Aegean Sea
At the Jane Austen Center

At Windsor Castle
At Big Ben 
I am not complaining I have loved all that I have seen and done. But there is still so much I want to see out in this big world. So when I read these letters from all over the world I long for times of traveling. I told my supervisor today that maybe one day I can trace a source back to its original place, she looked at me very idealistically.  But as a current grad student it is only right for me to dream.

Here are some places I want to see...
Paris
{Pic}
Vienna
{Pic}
Israel 
{pic}
Maybe one day I can see all these places... until then I will have Wanderlust. 

{Pic}

1 comment:

Bose said...

Wow! great trip you had, thanks and my next trip would be Paris! Travelers