Thursday, May 17, 2012

Birthday Love


I love my birthday,  I know that sounds selfish when I say that because many people think when I say it is because I like gifts but that is not the case. I love it because I know it means I get a lot of my friends around me.

Over the years I have had great birthdays...
The day after 21st birthday I got baptized. 

Then on my 22nd birthday I went to my first Red Sox game.
It had just happened to be Lester's no hitter.
Two days before my 23rd birthday I graduated college.
My 24th birthday was not that big...
My bible study went to Rochester, New York the week before. 
I know it was not for my birthday but I still remember it as part of my birthday celebration.
We discovered the love of a jumping pillow,
probably our favorite memory from the trip. 

Then on my 25th birthday I did something I have always wanted to do...
Karaoke. 

My friend told me my 25th birthday was the last "big" birthday I get before I turn 30, I didn't like that thinking because I love my birthday and I can make them big if I want to. Well last night I had an early celebration to my birthday that was just as big and memorable as the others. As most of you know I have been raising funds for my Honduras trip in August. In March I wrote a post about what my birthday wish was.... "For my birthday I want people to give to Living Water International click here for the Donation page and if you want to learn more about Living Water click here. If you want to support me and my trip to Honduras please contact me, but as I am not 100% certain I will go I would like it more if you guys would directly give money to Living Water International." 


At that time I was not sure I could go on a trip with Living Water. But now that I am going I have asked people for my birthday to give me funds for my trip. Well there as been an out pouring of generosity. My birthday party last night was in order to raise support for my trip, I did I raised 585 dollars making my new total of support at $1,885, meaning I only need 115 dollars left to raise. WOOHOO!!!
Me with my fundraising poster
Outside the money raised it was a great success. As my place is too small to host a party my friend let me use her place to host a party, and my best friend made and bought all the food for the party. Then about 20 people showed up and every one had a good time. So I will put this birthday in the book as another "big" birthday. 
Some of my friends
sorry it is blurry
The cake my best friend made
in the shape of a water drop.
For more on my trip to Honduras follow my Blaire goes to Honduras Blog thanks for all the love, memories, and support. It has meant the world to me.

No comments: