Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finally made something on Pinterest

{pic}
I am not ashamed to admit it that I am a pinterest addict. But I am happy to say today I finally made something I found on pinterest.
{pic}
It is just mac and cheese but I have to start some place right. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups dried pasta
2 cups 2% or skim milk
1 cup loosely packed shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dijon mustard
Directions: (with some of my own pictures)
Milk and noodle
In a small saucepan, add pasta and milk.  Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until pasta is soft, stirring frequently and ensuring milk does not boil. 
*I might of had the heat too high because it didn't take 20 minutes 
Adding the cheese
Turn heat off, add cheese & salt & and stir to combine.  Stir in the mustard a little at a time to taste. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes, then stir again and serve. If not creamy enough, add milk a little at a time, and gently stir.

If you would like to bake it at this point, place in a baking dish and top with a generous sprinkling of cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
Final product

For more click here for her original post

* Now I just have to be a photographer.

No comments: