Monday, May 14, 2012

Moving on from Mockingjay

I don't know where this picture comes from but this was my
favorite quote in Catching Fire.
{Pic}

I have finished Mockingjay the final book of The Hunger Games trilogy. I really can't write a book review with out giving something away so I won't even try.
"Finishing a great book is like leaving a good friend"
{pic}
Have you ever walked away from a book sad by the fact it was over? 

I am not sad with the ending but I am sad I am done with the books and I can't keep living in their world. I know Panem was not a great place to live in but I got lost in the world Suzanne Collins created and I really don't want to leave. My co-worker said it is kind of like leaving a good relationship, you know has to end but you don't want it to. I don't feel that strongly about these book but I do feel a little bit of loss. I have a long list of books I want to read this summer before summer school but right now I don't know which book I want to read and to be honest any book I read right now would just be a like a "rebound" book. Is that sad?
{pic}
During these last two weeks I have been so wrapped up in these books I feel like I haven't had any really good writing time. So I think until I am ready to move on I am going to get some writing in. The Hunger Games is nothing like what I write, but Suzanne Collins writing pushes me to be a better writer because I want people love my stories so much they don't want to let the book end.

Okay here is my one spoiler.... so look away.

I loved the end of this book. I finished it at 1:30 AM and I was so happy I cried. 
{pic}

No comments: