Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Sap at Heart (part 3)



To My future husband,

I don't know your face,
or the color of your eyes
but I look forward to the day you hold my hand,
and knowing you will be holding it forever.
I look forward to the day
we say those three little words,
that mean so much.

I know I put up walls,
that we will have to knock down together.
Sometimes it will be harder than we think.
I know my heart is a little a bruised
but it will love you.
And when life gets hard,
I look forward to your shoulder to cry on.
Then in your own special way,
you will hold me and tell me things will be okay.

I know God is watching us
leading us to one another,
I don't know when and where
so I pray for you.
I pray that God is molding you,
into the man He wants you to be.
I pray God is guiding your steps
so you are going in the ways He wants.
I pray God is guarding your heart
and giving you strength to be patient.
I pray God is making you into the man
I will openly submit to.
And that God is always your number one priority
so I can happily be your number two.

I pray for us together
in the good times and the bad
that we will be a team
looking out for one another,
holding on to one another,
never letting go of our love
and never letting go of Christ.
I pray we keep our focus
on the one that matters most
so when we raise our children
we can teach them the way to go.
Let us not forget the rings we will wear
symbolize a completeness
that can never be broken.

Whenever I miss you,
I lift you up to God.
I know He will bring us together
in His own wonderful, perfect timing.
So I ask for patience as I wait for you.
And pray for my heart not to wander,
so I can give it to you
on our wedding day,
and everyday after.

Have a good day my husband to be,
can't wait to meet you. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

There's a very upbeat but poignant song you might like by Michael Buble called "Just haven't met you yet." Love your 'sappy' blogs! Know that when your guy appears in you life, he is going to be one lucky fellow!!!

Blaire said...

hey mom, I know that song.

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} said...

Love this!!! Thanks for sharing! And speaking of songs, I recently fell in love with a song called "Love Is Waiting" by Brooke Fraser. It's like my theme song right now. Don't know if you know it, but if you don't, you should. :)

Blaire said...

Thanks Colleen for the recomendation. I will look it up.