Monday, November 7, 2011

A Sap at Heart (part 2)

Hello Lovely Readers,

In my last edition of a Sap at Heart I wrote about how "...deep down I believe in soul mates, I believe you can find some one that compliments you so well it was as if you were made for each other..."
You know how in movies you see a guy do a romantic gesture... that makes your heart flutter and wish would happen to you and it never does. Take for example Heath Ledger in "10 Things I Hate about You" singing to Julia Stiles the song "Can't take my eyes off of you" (originally recorded by Frankie Valli). Now that is a big romantic gesture and while they are cool in movies... they might be embarrassing in real life. But even small romantic gestures... do guys realize how great they make the girl feel?As a single girl I am going to hope not because I feel like if they did, they would do them more often.

Take for example flowers...


I have a co-worker (not mentioning names) who had a birthday a bit ago and was so happy to get flowers from her boyfriend. From the little bit I gathered it seemed he didn't send her flowers very much but when she got them, she was over the moon. I had a guy co-worker who found out his girl friends favorite flowers were sun flowers and sent her a little vase of them to her when she was sick. And I remember being very much like "aw how cute." And I even liked my ex-boyfriend sent me flowers when I was having a horrible week and it made a big impression on me. 

But maybe I am just a sap and I like romantic gestures, but I don't think I am the only one. Actually the reason for this blog post is on Thursday night (a kind of warm night... warmish for Boston) I was walking home from work and I had this image that the guy I had a crush on was sitting on the steps of my apartment with a bouquet of flowers in his hands waiting for me to get home and ask me out. I realized this wouldn't happen at least not in real life. But I wanted it happen. I think it's because I watch too many romantic movies because even just while writing this I find myself thinking, even though I like the idea of romantic gestures, what I love most of all is having some one who will just hold my hand.

So if any guy is reading this find out what your girl wants/needs deep down to let her know you find her special and just do it. I think that is the most romantic gesture. 

No comments: