Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rainy Days

 
Found at Rambling of a Housewife
The last few days it has been raining here in Boston. Usually I like the rain I think of London or Paris and it nice and peaceful. I sometimes find I am at most creative when it is raining outside... I don't really know why. I used to have a job in a quiet museum gift shop and when it rained there was hardly any crowds and I could get a lot of writing done in the rain. I even like the way the air smells when a storm is about to come.

I think dramatic moments in stories should happen in the rain like when Marianne meets Willoby.
Found at Jane Austen Today
Or when Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell finally get together at the end of Four Weddings and a Funeral.
Found at Guardian.co.uk
And the most important of Cinematic history in Singing in the Rain after Gene Kelly kisses Debbie Reyolnds he dances around in the rain storm with out a care in the world.

Found at Daily Postal.com
There are probably 1,000s more where rain is used in movies. But see rain is inspiring. It is also seems fresh, like a wash away of what has happened and new starts.

But today I did not feel fresh or inspired I felt blah. It was hard motivating myself to get out of bed and to go through my morning routine. I just wanted to stay under the covers and do nothing. Granted this is a good way to spend rainy days too... but I had to get out of bed and go to work. And by the time I got to work I felt soaked through... not fun.

So rain even though I love you I am asking you to go away so I can enjoy some dry times. Thank you.

On a more positive note I am suppose to be getting Internet at home today so I can work on posting more of The Sisters of Pine Haven.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Enjoyed seeing the rainy moments on film you chose! Sorry about being soaked through, you're right ...bthat is NO way to start the day!

TheBookGirl said...

There is definitely such a thing as too much of a good thing...There are times when I love the rain; I love watching it rain from the comfort of my house, curled up with a great book and a steaming cup of tea.

On the other hand, we have had so much non-stop rain here, that I feel like I am getting mildewed, and I say, enough already :(