Saturday, January 14, 2012

Music of my life


For awhile I have wanted to write a post about my love of music. But I haven't really thought of the words to say. I like music but I am not a music expert. I can not play a note of music because I never learned how to read music and I can't sing but that doesn't stop me from singing in my shower or at church. I also can't tell the difference between a melody and harmony. But I still love music all kind of music too... I listen to country music to even some hip hop music. I like slow mellow music most of the time but sometimes I just want to cut lose and dance. I also like some oldies like Abba, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, and The Beatles mixed into my collection. I will admit sometimes I still like listening to Spice Girls.
You probably didn't need a picture to remind you who they were.
I have a friend who laughs at me every time we go out and I know the words to every song that comes on. I don't mind I actually like that she thinks I know every song because when I was younger, I admired my cousin who I thought knew every song. When I was 8 and she was 16 (I think that was our age difference) I wanted to be just like her. She was (and I bet she still is) the kind of person you said a word or phrase and she could think of song with it in it.
My cousin and I... the only one I could find of us together... I am the baby
Also my house was very musical my mom and I would like to dance around the house, and I remember a few mornings when she was driving me too school she would be whistling. And my mom raised me on the musical classics like The Sound Music and Mary Poppins. So even at young age my house was musical and I think that has had a major influence on me. 

I often think if I write a screen play I would also lay out the music that should be used in the scene. I always think of the movie Elizabethtown  it came out in 2005 and while I remember not liking the story I loved the soundtrack.  But I would want my movie to be remembered for both a great story and great plot. Right now I am getting a good mix of songs to add to my soundtrack.
I would want a large mix of all the kinds of music I love from country, to oldies, some dance music, and if possible a song from a musical. Here are just a few...
She & Him- In the Sun
Taylor Swift-Ours
The Civil Wars- Poison & Wine
JJ Heller- Where I Land

But because I love oldies as well I would have to include something from the past
Abba- Take a chance on me
(Fun to watch an old school music video). 

No comments: