Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jane Austen and Faith

In my last post, A Jane Austen Heroine, I wrote that... I am ready to say I want to be a Jane Austen heroine, I know a lot of girls say that and they mean they want to have a Jane Austen love story... well that might be true but I want to be is an Austen heroine who spends some of her life living in an ideal world with big dreams but then learns through mistakes and errors the life she really wants.

Well last night I was praying I realized I am a Jane Austen heroine and I have a perfect Jane Austen hero... God. I know, I know it sounds corny but hear me out. The number one thing I like about Jane Austen novels is all her heroines are flawed... they all mess up.

I mostly like Emma she is a hopeless romantic, she speaks without thinking and meddles in other people's business but Mr. Knightly loves her anyway. He sees passed all her flaws and loves her. God is like that he loves me when I am mean, inconsiderate, and when I judge too quickly. He wants me to admit my mistakes, learn from them, grow in Him and change my ways. But no matter what God loves us. To me that makes him the greatest Hero. I have to thank Him for seeing beyond all my flaws and not only loving me in spite of them but saving me from my flaws so I can have a beautiful future.
God is better then Mr. Knightly, Colonel Brandon and Mr. Darcy combined. 

No comments: