Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snowy Days in Boston

"Snowfall (kind of love)"-Ingrid Michaelson
Good song for this kind of weather

Hello lovely readers,

Here in New England we can't say winter really starts till January. I think it is so we can convince ourselves that winter won't last forever. But I think I can say winter has come to Boston. Last Sunday when I checked the weather before going to church I checked the weather on my phone and it said 6 felt like -12. By the time I left church it was 12 and felt like -6. Even though I have lived in Boston for 6 years I still don't know how to dress for that weather (maybe you just can't). Over the week we have had flurries of snow but nothing that stuck. But yesterday we had our first snow. Now it wasn't much but I took some pics of it.

Right now I like the snow, when I was home watching it come down it was nice and quiet. I made myself a cup of hot spice tea and watched a movie. Even when I went outside it seemed like the world was quiet. It was very nice to have an excuse for a quiet day.

Now it wasn't much snow but I took some pics of it on my walk home.  

The Fens under snow


I love seeing paths of people who ventured away from the sidewalk 
I was trying to capture a couple walking through the snow
Icicles from a car. Also the thing I don't like about the snow... when it turns to brown.  
I don't have a great view from my window but here is the park across the street from me. 
The little sparrow on the top of the tree... very brave birds to brave the cold. 
I liked seeing the red berries on this bush. 
The fence of the park...I liked the contrast between the black and white

No comments: