Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am no artist

I am not an artist but I have loved to draw (really doodle) since about 6th grade. I have never really pursued it in any way what so ever because I always saw my my mom as the artist in the family. I have also liked fashion so when I was in high school I filled the sides of my notebooks of drawing of cocktail dresses. But I must admit that I also love drawing wedding dresses. I have bought Bride's magazines to find dresses to draw. Bridal magazines photography have models that stand normally, instead of all bent over or twisted around like most fashion magazines, so I find them easier to draw.

Here are examples of my drawings...






I have also tried to add color.... 
I think I have to upgrade from crayons but it was all I had.
This was a drawing I did for my friend before she got married. 

With my love of Downton Abbey and my new love of Edwardian fashion I am trying to draw dresses from that time period.
I am also working on drawing sleeves. 

I think I will use Pinterest to get more fashion ideas to work on my drawing.
Thanks for looking at my drawings. 

No comments: