Friday, February 10, 2012

Blogging Ponderment

Pic
Hello Readers and fellow bloggers,

I have been thinking about this for awhile. I love this blog but sometimes I worry it makes me a little bit self involved. I read other blogs and I find them inspiring when I am writing this blog it is all about my life. And maybe that is what a blog is?

 I mean more and more people are writing blogs to share their lives with people, we feel a need for a connection even if it is complete stranger. My pastor once said people's deepest desire with in us is to have connection, he said that is why Starbucks started making their coffee shops more relaxing with tables and chairs where people could hang out with and not just get coffee. And even with all our technology and social media we still need a personal connection. I guess a blog is another way of seeking a personal connection.

Some times my blog is sometimes like a personal diary, but I most of the time it is about what I am doing through my day, and I am sure only my mom is interested in that. As I am blogging more I find myself thinking about things going on in my life and how I would write them in my blog . And I feel I find myself thinking about me more... and life isn't just about me. I mean I have lots friends but even when I write about them I know it is all from my perspective.

Pic
I know a blog is suppose to be my take on life but I don't want to be completely self involved I forget about about other people. I remember in the film Julie and Julia, Julie's husband gets mad her for only thinking of herself. And she says with her blog it is all about her. I don't want it to come to that...so I am wondering  how do I do that.

If you are a blogger out there and have wrestled with this issue please let me know what you did to conquer this. If you are still dealing with this please let me know. I just re-read this in order that to make sure that it didn't sound like I was whining.

Also re-reading it I thought maybe I could have guest post. I don't have a big blog following so I am not sure if I could promise a big blog reading population but I would love if any one wanted to guest post. Please contact me if you are interested. Even if you are not a blogger but just want a chance to write I would love that. I would also be honored if you are a blogger to share your icon or buttons.

Pic
Thanks.
-Blaire

2 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Oh, I often wonder this too! Although I have to say that the blogs that I like to read are like yours- the more personal ones, where it's sort of like reading someone's diary and what is going on in their lives.

I blog, and read other people's blogs, because it makes me feel less lonely. I have a real tendency to be introspective and I find it so comforting to know that people all over the world think like me and have the same issues as me. Safety in numbers :)

I don't know if blogs like ours will ever have the huge numbers that fashion blogs do but I have decided that that's ok. I think that by sharing a part of yourself, you can inspire people. Just because you personally aren't inspired by the things you say, doesn't mean that others won't be. Sometimes as a reader it just helps to hear views expressed in different words than your own. Maybe you could have a segment like "Monday Matters" and weekly write about a matter close to your heart?

Um, ok, I'm writing a small essay but only because I totally know where you are coming from. I'd love to guest post on your blog. I don't really have any buttons or anything (nor do I know how to put them on my site!) but if you wanted you could do a guest post for me in return?

Blaire said...

Hello Laura,
I thank you for your small essay. It really shows me you took time to respond. I am okay with my blog being small I guess sometimes I am vain and want to be a "famous" blogger. I like the journal feel of my blog but I am going to try to work on my story more and share that. I started this blog to share my story and I think I should go back to my roots.
My contact page as a link to email so you can me an email. I would love to share your writing.
-Blaire