Friday, February 3, 2012

A journey into makeup

Song-"Supermodel" by Jill Sobule
Video- "Clueless"

Hello lovely readers,

I am not a make up girl. I mean minus special events I really only wear eye make-up (eye shadow and mascara) but until high school I didn't even wear this much. In high school my makeup was sunscreen (in my facial moisturizer) and chap stick. Then freshman year of college I wore mascara but only on my top lashes but one of my friends asked me why I half my eye lashes were black and half were red, I got very conscious of my eye make up so I started working on my bottom lashes. I am not really good with putting things near my eyes so it took awhile and I only wore mascara on my bottom lashes on special days. But then I started doing it all the time and I became one of those girls who could not leave the house with out mascara. The summer after I graduated college I added eye shadow... though for the most part I think it looks just like my eyelids (maybe I should be more adventurous). 
My usual makeup
But my real confession is until a few days ago I never used make up remover. I mean I cleaned my face and I made sure never have bleak streaks under my eyes before leaving the house but never used make up remover. Then I was in the grocery store the other day and I saw some and put it in my basket. The last few nights I have been using it I haven't noticed a difference.

Here is the before shot 

The cleansing pad after I am done.


Here is my after...not much difference
It doesn't look that different so I don't know if I am cleaning wrong or if I need to get a better makeup remover, or if the face I wear water proof mascara means it never comes off.

This is what I am currently using
I am not a big make up person so I will probably never write about make up again but if you have any suggestions when it comes to this I am always happy to listen.

Thanks,
-Blaire

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Dior makes an amazing eye make up remover (called, appropriately, Instant Eye Make Up Remover). It's about $28 at Sephora and it's lasted me about 6 months at this point. It's seriously amazing. I've used the Neutrogena pads before and the Dior stuff is about a hundred times more effective. And it's great for sensitive eyes.

Sarah said...

I use ponds cold cream as a make up remover. It's simple, and when used with a wash cloth works perfectly. I LOVE it, plus it's cheap. A big tub lasts a long time.

Blaire said...

Thank you ladies for your advice. I will look into these options.