Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buttons and books

Today's photo challenge was a picture of a button. I thought to myself, everything I use is a zipper but then I thought of my coat, it has buttons. And yes it is from a winter coat but it is from a lighter coat which is a good thing here in Boston. Usually at this time of year I have to wear my big puffy coat and ugly winter boots. But this winter I have gotten to wear my lighter winter coat more than I thought I would. I bought this coat in January because of the sales. But I thought I would wear a little until early spring but this winter has been very mild so I have been able to wear my new coat a lot. So this button is not only a button it represents a mild winter. A mild winter, that I hope sticks around.
Full view of coat
Also the book store is still dangerous place for me. While I am on a tighter budget, I still spend too much money on books. I went to the book store to pick up two books for my archiving class and while I was there I saw two books on writing. One is The Writing Life: writers on how they think and work, it seems to be a collections of essays from contemporary literature. The back of the book says "A dazzling collection of essays in which today's most celebrated writers explore their personal relationships literary life. While I love to write I will admit I know little about the craft of writing. Then next to it was Wounds of Passion: a writing life by bell hook (her name is not capitalized on cover so I am copying that). It is more of a personal narrative about her life as a writer.
Back drop provided by my bed comforter. 
When I am came home from class a book I had ordered off Amazon was waiting for me, fortunately that was provided by a gift card from Christmas or else I really would be broke.
Any way I have the next four books I am going to read planed out. Of course in grad school that could take me well into the summer, so I will keep you posted on my readings. First, I have to finish my current book The American Heiress, I am almost done 60 or so more pages to read.

Speaking of books, and more on my countdown to Valentine's day  I have discovered another band... Mr. Hudson & the Library. It is amazing what you can find on Spotify when you do a random search. I did a search for library and found this band.... Hope you enjoy.
Here is there version of  "On the street where you live"

1 comment:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Nice coat! It's funny that you guys have had a mild winter, we have had a rainy summer. Yuck! Although I guess it's better than the usual sweltering heat that we normally get. It's just a bit depressing with all that rain!!

You will certainly be busy with all those books to read!