Thursday, August 18, 2011

Looking for a fairy tale

I haven't written anything yet and this month I have wanted to write something every day. I was going through the pictures I had collected for this blog (to get inspiration to write something) and I came across this. I like this photo, I found it while trying to google "fairy tales". It is not really how I would think of a fairy tale because I think of stories set long ago with girl wearing long dresses. This picture looks very modern but I can't get away from it. I feel there is a story behind it.

I want to know why she is walking around with umbrella when there is no rain? Why is she is in the woods? Has she run away? What year does she live in? We can't see her face so is she a child or a woman?

The reason why I was googling "fairy tales" was I have a niece, who I say holds the key to my heart. She is 18 months old and I think I have 20 pictures of her around my apartment. This picture is on my phone, I have her picture on my desk and I carry her picture in the locket I wear. So really she is every where in my life and I love her so much. But since she lives in Denver and I live in Boston I wanted to write her a story that she could read and know I am thinking about her. The problem is I was not a big reader growing up, I didn't really like to read until I was in the sixth grade and I loved the story Ella Enchanted. So one day I was googling "fairy tales" to get an idea of how to start a fairy tale or what they should include and I found that picture above.

I am still working on the idea for my story for my niece. I don't want it to be like a typical "Once upon a time" fairy tale but I do want her to right now have her mom read it to her and when she is older for her to read it to herself. I hope I can get it done before her 2nd Christmas.

1 comment:

Hunter C said...

That would be wonderful!! I can't wait to hear it. That will be something she will treasure her whole life.

I like the picture above too. It evokes a lot of the same questions that you had for me. I miss you!