Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thrill of Hope

Today I was just playing around my computer.... and I found this old story of mine.
I had the working title The Thrill of Hope based from a Christmas Song I love. This is the first page of what I wrote... but have written 44 pages according to Microsoft Word. Maybe one day I will get back to this story, though I will have to change some names as I repeat some of them in the Sisters of Pine Haven (funny how you fall in love with names).

The End
It is funny how we picture our lives are going to be when we grow up. As children we see ourselves falling in love, getting married, having children and during all these dreams we see smiles on our faces as if in life we will always be happy. I pictured Kelby and I sitting in a little flat, with a fire roaring, he would be sitting in a chair and I would be by his knee. I never pictured my life like this.

My dearest,
I have ordered us a simple state room on the Northern Star Liner it leaves from Liverpool on Monday. We will sail to New York as man and wife and no one can stop us. I promise. Meet me at the Euston station for the 6:15 train to Liverpool. I will be waiting to take you into my arms and away from all things long ago.
All my Love,
K.J


I had never imagined I would be engaged to one man nearly twenty years my elder and being forced to run away with the man I loved. I had also never imagined love would cause so many nervous knots to form under my belly button.
It had been a week since I had heard from Kelby but the plan was in motion I could feel it. I looked the letter once again then folded it up and slipped it into my white cotton glove. For the last week in August I felt a slight chill or maybe I just shivered from the excitement. Either way I had to act confident and brave of I was ever going to pull this off.
“Name?” the ticket master asked.
“Fiona James,” I was happy to say without hesitation.
“Well Mrs. James,” he said noticing the little tin ring with a piece of glass in it. This was the ring that had replaced Lord Welford’s gold band with the large ruby. “Here is your ticket.”
“Thank you,” I said softly blushing at the fact he called me Mrs. James.
I looked down and read.
August 25, 1919
Euston to Liverpool
I took a deep breath. It was all beginning.

To read more click here

No comments: