Monday, August 22, 2011

Friend's Wedding... (Weekend Away part 1).

Hello Readers,

First let me say I am sorry I did not post on Friday the internet at work was not working. Then on Saturday I hung out with my friend and we got lunch and sat in the Commons, she read and I worked on my story. Later another my friend of mine spent the night because we were getting up at 4 AM to ready to leave Boston at 5 AM... And I am so not a morning person.
We drove 6 hours to upstate New York. Kueka, NY near Rochester, NY in the Finger Lake area. That was actually interesting because my favorite Young Adult novel A Northern Light takes place in the Finger Lake area. We did this to see our some good friend get married at the Esperanza Mansion.
I love weddings. I know its part of my hopeful romantic ways to cherish these moments when people dedicate their lives to each other and pledge their love and faithfulness to each other. As I said in the post after my sister's wedding "It was kind of like watching the end of the fairy tale but only to know their life will go on and they will spend the rest of their lives together" (click here). And this was just the same. Even the pastor said that in this day contracts are easily broken because people are no longer happy but marriage is more than a contract its a covenant, God made a covenant with people of Israel to protect them and watch over them. It is a life time commitment.

For me it is always cool and wonderful for me to hear vows being taken because I longingly hope to make vows similarly to a man I love. And it reminds me of what I want. I loved when my younger sister promised to love God first and, husband second. My friends promised to put each other's wills before their own. One day I want to say my husband these wonderful things and to "give him control over the remote" and he will promise to give it back to me.

Then after the beautiful ceremony and the great speeches where the bride's sister cried we danced the night away. I am not a good dancer, total white girl, but I love it. I also love my dress, it might sound totally vain but I loved it with its frills that when I danced swished around. It was so much fun! The DJ played everything from Love Shack to Micheal Jackson, from Lady Gaga to Grease songs. I also wish the place was closer to Boston because it was a beautiful place.

More parts to come, but this post I want to be about how wonderful the wedding is.

From the Car... (Weekend Away Part 2)


Best Friends to a Single Girl... (Weekend away part 3)

No comments: